Monday, May 19, 2008

ROBOTS: EVOLUTION OF A CULTURAL ICON


I went to the opening of SJMA's current exhibition last Friday. I sawe some cool works. There is a giant form robot on the second floor, but taking pictures is not allowed on 2nd floor...I found several other's robots' "portraits" on SJMA's website.
Clayton Bailey, Robot Pet, Beautybot, Boybot,1990-2000.
Aluminum and mixed media.
Collection of the San Jose Museum of Art.
Gift of the Artist with additional funds contributed by the Museum’s Collections Committee. 2003.25.01-3. Photography by Douglas Sandberg.

Eric Joyner, What We Ought Not, We Do, 2006.
Oil on wood panel. Collection of Mark Holt.
Photograph courtesy of the Artist and The Shooting Gallery, San Francisco.
Michael Mew, Robot 4, 2006.
Acrylic on canvas. Courtesy of the Artist

David Pace, Greg's Robot Collection, 1991.
(twenty 16 x 20 inches images).
Courtesy of the Artist.
Nam June Paik, Robespierre from the series,
Evolution, Revolution, Resolution, 1989.
Portfolio of 8 etchings and lithographs (ed. 64).
Collection of Carl and Elizabeth Solway. I
mage copyright Carl Solway Gallery, Inc, Cincinnati.

No comments: